Re: Painting Gear Shift Knob

To: Ned Smith <smithn00@kitepilot.net>,
Subject: Re: Painting Gear Shift Knob
From: "Ronald A. Fine" <ronfineesq@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 08:52:23 -0800 (GMT-08:00)
I've had good results with white epoxy paint that is sold in hardware stores
for touching up bathroom sinks or appliances.  Comes in a little bottle.
Recently I used a two part epoxy which was a little thicker when applied.
After cleaning the grooves I used a very fine brush or a sharp tooth pick to
lay in the thick white paint.  It was easy to wipe away the excess that left a
very fine line of white in the grooves.  It looks great and should last
forever.  I also used it to restore several dash knobs.
Ron