Re: Painting Gear Shift Knob

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Painting Gear Shift Knob
From: Healeyguy@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 21:45:48 EST
Ned
All the suggestions offered so far are good ones but I have a little trick
for you. Get a small bottle of White Out (preferably the black labeled bottle
as  it is not water based...., I'll bet you have one in your desk drawer that
hasn't  seen the light of day since you bought your first computer) and apply a
coat to  the cleaned shift markings, wiping gently with a cloth slightly
moistened with  lacquer thinner to remove the excess. Might need two coats but
works very  well and holds up to sweaty palms (still driving on Dunlop SP bias
ply tires)  and other hazardous waste that drivers tend to have on their hands
from time to  time.
Aloha
Perry