Re: Question Dealing with Lower Back Fatigue

To: "John Homonek" <jhomonek@mindspring.com>,
Subject: Re: Question Dealing with Lower Back Fatigue
From: "Bob" <bobsbj7@gto.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 11:53:46 -0500
Hi John
        I had the same problem which I solved by doing the following 2
things.

    1:  I tipped the seat back, back about 2 to 3 " at the top by relocating
the hinge brackets on the seat pan up a little.

     2:  I also made a new gas pedal linkage to make it so that my leg is
stretched out more. If you go to this web address
there are pictures of it.
                http://www.ahcso.com/Tech%20Talk/Gas%20Pedal%20Mod.htm

              Let me know if you receive this message

                                        Bob Slater      1963 BJ7

 Listers,

 it was about 45 and clear here in Atlanta yesterday and thought it would be
 great to go for a short drive in the BN7.  I have found that after driving
 this recent restoration for any length of time...15 minutes to an hour or
 more...my lower back takes days to recover.  It is sore and tight today
 after a 45 minute run..  I bought a small pillow to jam down in the lumbar
 region of my back and that seems to help  but the fatigue still comes, just
 not as bad.  I am reasonably fit..180lbs and 5'9" tall and only 50 years
 old!

 What to do...and selling or giving the BN7 away is not an option.  I don't
 feel fatigued after driving the Jensen-Healey.

 Looking for suggestions so this car doesn't end up sitting in the garage
all
 the time.

 I can't be the only one with this problem so please share..

 Thanks in Advance,

 John E. Homonek II
 BN7@mindspring.com
 1959 3000 BN7