Re: Question Dealing with Lower Back Fatigue

To: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>, "'Healeys'"
Subject: Re: Question Dealing with Lower Back Fatigue
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 14:22:16 -0500
An interesting thread.
I have my original seats for my '54 BN1 in careful storage. They are quite
different than one sees in the later cars. The seat cushion is much deeper
and the taper from front to back (rake) is quite pronounced, giving great
support under the thighs.
I bolted my driver's seat into a customer's car a couple of years ago to
take the car for it's first test run and immediately discovered how
absolutely comfortable the original early seat really was. The original
"Dunlopillow" rubber was really nice.
As a contrast the BJ8 seats are quite a bit flatter with very little rake to
the seat cushion. This makes the seating position almost perpendicular from
cushion to seat back. This really aggrivates the lower back, and to try to
get comfortable support one has to pack the lower back.
The later roadster seats seem to fall somewhere in between.
I'm glad for my BN1 seats and hope to maintain them as long as possible.
Rich Chrysler