Kumho 758 tires again...

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Kumho 758 tires again...
From: sooch@houston.rr.com
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 09:53:35 -0600
Hey folks,

Thanks again for the responses on what you thought about these tires.
I have decided to go with them.  Now I am trying to decide which size.
About 3 years ago I happened upon a great deal for some Dunlop wire
wheels, originally from MGW, that I just couldn't pass up.  They are
the 5.5" by 15", 72 spoke painted versions.

My question is, the Kumho 758s come in two sizes that will fit.  The
165/80R15 are 25.4" diameter and are good for rims 4-5.5" wide.  The
195/65R15 are 25.0" diameter and are good for rims 5.5-7" wide.  I
would like to go with the 165's but I am concerned that they will not
be wide enough to give the characteristic bulging of the sidewall that
you normally see on a Healey or TR, with my 5.5" wide rims.  I don't
want them to look stupid, if you know what I mean.  The 195's might be
too wide and rub or look really out of place, I don't know.

What do you think I should go with?

Thanks,
Chris
BJ8