Re: Kumho 758 tires again...

To: "Mark and Kathy" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>
Subject: Re: Kumho 758 tires again...
From: Roland Wilhelmy <rwil@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 12:18:21 -0800
Yes 175s such as the Michelin ZXs are great (in my experience and
opinion), but not currently available so far as I know.  The 165 - 15
radial is the older VW bug size.  It is a little smaller than the
original bias ply tires were, but works very well.  Unfortunately not
many bugs still on the road are shod in high quality road tires, so
there aren't many choices.  Kumho 165s get the job done and are
reasonably priced.  Even for a concours car, as radials they only
'cost' a minor amount on the concours grade.

If you have wider non standard rims there are more options.

-Roland