RE: 100 Head

To: "'Bob Spidell'" <bspidell@comcast.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 100 Head
From: "David Porter" <frogeye@swcp.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 06:35:35 -0700
Bob,
 Glad I'm not the only one with that problem, except mines between 3 and 4.
The elegant way to fix it is to o-ring it, Though I wonder if there is
really enough material there to do it. I had Mordy Dunst make me a thick
copper gasket plus very thin steel o-rings laid on top of the gasket. It's a
pain to get it all correctly aligned, but it gives enough extra squish
around the bores to stop the slight leakage of compressed gases which
eventually "burn" through. I also paint the edges of the gasket with sealant
to stop the coolant leaks along the right side edge, where the clamping is
the worst.
Dave