Re: 100 Head

To: <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 100 Head
From: "JustBrits_com" <justbrits@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 19:17:18 -0600
<<Seal those with silicone sealant and Teflon
tape.>>

Since noone else has said anything Jim, I will.

<<Seal those with silicone sealant and Teflon
tape.>>

That is absolutely one (ranks right up there) of the worst things I have
read.

Globules of silicone plus pieces to tape are NOT what you want running
around the water passages of ANY motor!!

The THEORY would be correct tho.  Back to "proper tool for the job!".  <G>

Permatex MAKES a Thread sealant!!  VERY similar to pipe dope (i.e., sorta
'tape') but designed for Engine usage(s)!!

Regards.............

Ed
'63 BJ-7 (Hortense THE Healey wearing Std. ILL plates   AH BJ 7 )