RE: Trafficator finish

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Trafficator finish
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 13:48:23 -0800
I painted both my steering wheel hub and the trafficator bakelite with gloss
black Plastikote engine enamel in October, 1998.  The only surface
preparation was to clean thoroughly with 3M adhesive remover/solvent and
Windex before painting.  The engine enamel is self priming.  It still looks
good, and the steering wheel hub is perfect; although I have to admit that I
am beginning to see some small cracks in the paint on the trafficator.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA