Re: Trafficator finish

To: <pennell@cox.net>, "rjhco" <rjh@hockertlaw.us>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Trafficator finish
From: "Bluechipracing" <bluechipracing@snet.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 23:41:20 -0500
  As with most molded thermoset composites, the surface is resin rich,
providing the smooth shiny surface when new.  Once you abrade the surface
either through years of use or deliberate sanding you expose the filler
material leaving a dull brownish finish.

  I have seen good results renewing these with black epoxy paint.

  Jim Smith