Re: Removing the overdrive

To: "Ron Fine" <RonFineEsq@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Removing the overdrive
From: "Alan Seigrist Blue 100" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 09:38:41 +0800
Ron -

It is helpful to have an engine lift and two, preferably three able
bodied hands, but you can lift the gearbox and OD out from the
passenger compartment.

Actually, it's a little harder to get it back in than pull it out.
Some use blocks on a skateboard when putting the gearbox back in...
but I've never tried that.

It's good to do this on the floor because you can put blocks under the
motor to keep if from stressing the motor mounts when the gearbox
isn't there to support the back of the motor.

The whole operation requires some muscle, but it can be done relatively easily.

Good Luck!

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8