Re: Removing the overdrive

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Removing the overdrive
From: "Mark and Kathy" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 19:11:45 -0500
Sorry for the problem Ron.

  Besides your memory what other reason do you have to suspect that it is in
backwards?   Could there be a small chance that your problem could be
something a bit  more abvious,  maybe an adjustment or a faulty switch...
Its pretty normal to check that the cam is actually engaging and operating
the pump rod as your installing the 2 halves.   Remember the wire around the
pump ( or big screw driver) holding the rod "in" while you lowered the other
into position.   You should have been eye balling the cam and the rod as you
were joining them together.   Just trying to jog your mind to the bright
side. :)

But on the other hand if you don't remember holding the pump rod back and
the halves slid together fairly easy then I guess your assumption is
correct.

Hope your wrong. : )

Mark