RE: Removing the overdrive

To: "'Ron Fine'" <RonFineEsq@earthlink.net>, <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Removing the overdrive
From: "Peter Schauss" <schauss@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 21:24:49 -0500
Ron,

I did that once myself, but caught the mistake before I put the box back in
the car.  (BTW, it is considerably easier to mate the overdrive to the
gearbox with the cam in backwards :) ).

To answer your questions:

1.  You will find it much easier to mate the overdrive to the gearbox if
both are out of the car.
2.  The gearbox must be pulled through the passenger compartment.  I have
done this myself six or seven times (don't ask) and can do it in about three
and a half hours.

Good luck,
Peter Schauss
1963 BJ7