Re: stump the chumps

To: "James Shope" <healeymanjim@JoiMail.com>
Subject: Re: stump the chumps
From: "Alan Seigrist Blue 100" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 12:36:25 +0800
James -

The rocker assembly is very long and is susceptible to poor oil
lubrication at the ends of the rocker assembly from time to time.
This can cause clicking sounds... if the sound is coming from the
rocker arm I would guess that this is what it is.  Not much you can do
about it except let it work its way out... there isn't much pressure
on the bronze bushings in the rocker shaft, so the rocker will work ok
with poor lubrication .... until oil finds a way back into the
bushings after a while.

Regards,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8