Re: stump the chumps

To: "Mike MacLean" <macleans@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: stump the chumps
From: "Ron Fine" <RonFineEsq@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 21:34:27 -0800
I own one of the "Click Adjust" tools and you still have to set it the first
time using a flat feeler gage.  All the remaining valves are set using the
first measurement.  If you don't get it right the first time, all the other
valves will be set wrong.  If some valve rockers have a concave surface I
don't see how they will be set correctly based upon the initial setting.
The tool does save some time due to it's design of allowing you to hold the
adjusting screw while tightening the nut but personally, I have always
checked the settings manually after using the tool.
Ron