Oil filter vertical / horizontal ??

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil filter vertical / horizontal ??
From: "Tracy Drummond" <bighealey@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 06:10:05 -0800
I have a spin-on oil filter adapter.  The entire Telcamet assembly has been
removed and the filter is on oriented horizontally.

Shall I add the angle adapter back into the mix so the filter sits
vertically (gravity to collect the big chunks in theory).

I have seen other filters laying horizontally, is this a problem with
keeping the particles in the filter or must this be upright?

I suppose if I add back the angle adapter I could make it look like a
telcamet by painting the group of parts engine green.