Re: Oil filter vertical / horizontal ??

To: Tracy Drummond <bighealey@charter.net>
Subject: Re: Oil filter vertical / horizontal ??
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 06:32:47 -0800
Tracy,

If you've got "big chunks" in the oil filter the filter location is the
least of your problems ;)
I doubt the angle adapter would mate up to a spin-on filter without some
machining (you'd
also need to install the threaded sleeve that holds the spin-on filter).

Use a good filter with an anti-drainback "valve."  The Wix filters I use
can hold oil in the filter
for months; they wouldn't let much if any solids back into the engine.

bs