Re:Dilemma

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:Dilemma
From: Douglas W Flagg <dwflagg@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 18:57:14 -0500
OK, I really need some experienced advise and there is nowhere else to
turn. I can do one of two things, but not both. My Healey will take about
two years to restore and I have a budget around $45,000. Then it will be
greatly
enjoyed albeit a limited driving schedule. My other option is immediate
gratification with an '06 Mustang GT, with
300 hp, pavement scorching 320 lb-ft. of torque, and a rear wheel, tire
smokin'  5 speed manual tranny. Of course it would have the racing
stripes, rear spoiler, custom wheels, fog lamps, stainless exhaust, etc.
for less than the
Healey. Is this a mid, mid life crisis or a viable alternative? Of course
the fact that my next door neighbor has a 500 hp Cobra hasn't influenced
me at all. They had to go and make the new Stangs look like the '60's
when I had my GTA fastback with the 289 HiPo. Anyway I'm looking for
honest, don't hold any punches back opinions. I love my Healey and would
more than anything like to enjoy it, but the leaves are starting to fall
off the tree. Thanks.

Doug
'56 BN2