Re:Dilemma

To: Douglas W Flagg <dwflagg@juno.com>
Subject: Re:Dilemma
From: Yellow 65BJ8 <rnbmail@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 09:36:09 -0800 (PST)
Hi Doug,

Several answers, based on different circumstances -
all assume you are over 50 and have another dailey
driver for rush hour traffic.... In order:

1. Sell your healey as is - you already admitted that
you are willing to do so.  Buy a as nice a BJ8 as you
can find for 35K.  Spend another 5K on whatever it
needs.  Keep 5k for updates.  Forget the mustang -
dime a dozen, and speeding around will only bring you
trouble.  New stuff gets old fast.

2.  Restore your healey as a driver - but do it fast.
The longer the resto time, the more money you will
sink in. Make a plan, stick to the plan, focus on
mechnaicals and paint.  Delay interior to save budget.

3.  Keep driving your healey, and think some more
about the munstang thing - it will probably go away,
so saving you a bunch.

4.  Do your mustang thing, and kiss of at least 35k in
3 yrs.  Buy a 1/18 kyosho healey model for the mantle,
and hope you keep your driving license.

Good luck,

Robert, Yellow 65BJ8.

--- Douglas W Flagg <dwflagg@juno.com> wrote:

> OK, I really need some experienced advise and there
> is nowhere else to
> turn. I can do one of two things, but not both. My
> Healey will take about
> two years to re

store and I have a budget around
> $45,000. Then it will be
> greatly
> enjoyed albeit a limited driving schedule. My other
> option is immediate
> gratification with an '06 Mustang GT, with
> 300 hp, pavement scorching 320 lb-ft. of torque, and
> a rear wheel, tire
> smokin'  5 speed manual tranny. Of course it would
> have the racing
> stripes, rear spoiler, custom wheels, fog lamps,
> stainless exhaust, etc.
> for less than the
> Healey. Is this a mid, mid life crisis or a viable
> alternative? Of course
> the fact that my next door neighbor has a 500 hp
> Cobra hasn't influenced
> me at all. They had to go and make the new Stangs
> look like the '60's
> when I had my GTA fastback with the 289 HiPo. Anyway
> I'm looking for
> honest, don't hold any punches back opinions. I love
> my Healey and would
> more than anything like to enjoy it, but the leaves
> are starting to fall
> off the tree. Thanks.
>
> Doug
> '56 BN2

Robert - Yellow 65BJ8
rnbmail@yahoo.com
Cell: 408-221-5244

If this email message has been received by you in error, please contact the
sender asap - Thank You.