RE: Front hub question

To: "'Ruud Gubbels'" <rgubbels@home.nl>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Front hub question
From: "Alan" <alan@nfahc.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 20:20:45 +0100
Hi Ruud.
It is true - the 60 spokes touch the front drums. This is bad news, not only
because of the paint getting scraped but because the slight bending of the
spokes against the drum as they flex stresses them. The spokes are supposed
to be in tension all the time.  Bending them whilst in tension and flexing
(such as when cornering) could cause failure.

The cars were originally fitted with 48 spokes as you suggest.  You will
need 72 spoke wheels I'm afraid (ouch).

Regards.......
            http://www.nfahc.co.uk
            mailto:alan@nfahc.co.uk