Re: Information Request

To: John Sims <ahbn6@optonline.net>, Healey List
Subject: Re: Information Request
From: bspidell@comcast.net (Bob Spidell)
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 21:43:14 +0000
John,

I'd get the electronic ignition, preferably Pertronix.  Easier starting,
smoother idle and no more points hassle.

If your stock starter starts the car, why not stick with it?

Putting more than twice the voltage through a stock Healey secondary
ignition system doesn't seem like a good idea, either (I've had problems
with non-Lucas caps shorting to ground with just the stock coil).

bs

From: John Sims <ahbn6@optonline.net>