RE: Information Request

To: "'Don '" <don@anglesey.us>, "'John Sims'" <ahbn6@optonline.net>,
Subject: RE: Information Request
From: "David Porter" <frogeye@swcp.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 11:54:05 -0600
FWIW,
 If one installs a pointless (no pun intended) system in a distributor that
is already 40-50 years old (worn out) then the advance curve will
undoubtedly speed up due to the loss of friction from the points and cam.
So, if you're worried about performance (and most seem to be) then have the
distributor re-curved after installing the electronic stuff and while you're
at it have the technician plot the difference in the performance of points
vs. pointless. I think we'd all like to know what the actual gains are aside
from not having to physically change a set of points periodically.
Dave