Re: Pistons Out

To: <Jwhlyadv@aol.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Pistons Out
From: "John Snyder" <helyjohn@cablespeed.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 19:39:22 -0700
OK, I will put my 2 cents in here.  One of my Healeys is an original,
unrestored 1960 BT7.  I bought it in 1970, and got all the original
maintenance records.  It was our family car until our son grew legs.  It now
has over 100,00 miles on it and has never had even a valve job.  Good oil
preasure, good power, rocker arms squirt oil, and the engine rattles a
little at low RPM.  The oil is always changed regulary, and now it only sees
a couple of club tours per year.  I suppose now that I have reported the
good news it will die on me on the next tour.  This car has the best sound
of any of my Healeys, and starts the best after sitting a long time.

My other restorations all run well, but after large $$$.

Wot's all this mean?  If ain't broke, don't fix it.  If it's broke, fix it
right.

John Snyder
1959 BN7
1960 BT7