Re: The well traveled Luggage Rack

To: <bighealey@charter.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: The well traveled Luggage Rack
From: "David Ward" <david@bighealey.ltd.uk>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 20:10:29 +0100
I have several Austin Healeys that have the original style "Works" boot rack
and there is absolutely no problem with drilling the two small holes into
the corner edge of the boot lid to attach the bracket that holds the legs
for the rack, They really do not do anything, they are only locators.
The weight is taken up on the top of the rear bumper directly above the
fixings for the bumper irons.
You will have no problem, and another thing is the boot lid will not become
distorted with any weight been placed upon it at all.
Good luck.
Regards.
David.

PS/ If you require a digital photo of one on a Healey that I can email you,
then contact me off list.