Re: TEXAS KOOLER DEMISE

To: "jwbn6@netzero.net" <jwbn6@netzero.net>
Subject: Re: TEXAS KOOLER DEMISE
From: "Alan Seigrist Blue 100" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 11:32:06 +0800
Jerry -

When I bought my Texas Cooler there was *no warning* or explanation that
every engine and gearbox mount on my 40 year old BJ8 had to be in perfect
working order to avoid the hundereds of dollars in potential damage from
using the COOLER.

Gee whiz who would of thought that the rubber bushings on the tie rod were
too soft... I drive down very steep hills in Hong Kong (15% grade) with the
car in gear for safety... which is exactly what I was doing when the COOLER
damaged my new radiator.  The COOLER is a bad product and just because it's
mostly flat in Texas and works there doesn't mean it works everywhere.

What's even more funny is when I replaced the COOLER with essentially the
same product from Dennis Welch in the UK, all of the clearance problems went
away because the DW fan used a better quality and stiffer plastic that does
not flex as much as the COOLER.

Thank you NTAHC for selling me something without a warning ... it's the only
part I've ever installed on my car that caused any sort of damage
whatsoever.

If you have the COOLER on your car, do not drive down a steep grade with the
car in gear -- it is unsafe.

Good Riddance on the COOLER!  And if you want to whine about it more, I have
no problem with it if you send me the $500 it cost me to fix my radiatior.

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8

On 5/19/06, jwbn6@netzero.net <jwbn6@netzero.net> wrote:
> several thousand healey owners all over the U.S.A. and in too many
countries abroad would say in unison, "Don, you have to know your
limitations".