Re: Valve Cover Leak

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Valve Cover Leak
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 22:07:17 -0700
Hi Terry,

I have a hard time keeping my valve cover from leaking; I think the top
of the head isn't milled
flat.  I glue the gasket to the valve cover with 3M trim adhesive (aka
"yellow snot"), then run a thin
bead of blue RTV on the side that mates to the head.  Usually, I can
remove and replace the
valve cover 2 or 3 times before I have to replace the gasket.  You have
to use the RTV
sparingly, and be careful not to let any chunks of it into the oil
system.  When I have to
replace the gasket, 3M Adhesive Remover gets the yellow snot off the
valve cover.  Yellow
snot also comes in black (black snot?).

bs