Re: Jacking the Healey

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Jacking the Healey
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 16:13:26 -0700
The "secret way," I believe, is to jack the front using a wood block
under the crossmember.  Then, jack
the differential from in front of the right rear wheel (this is assuming
you're using a floor jack).  For the
front, I remove the cradle from the floor jack and balance a 2X4 on the
flat platform.  The 2X4 should
reach from one chassis rail to another, to distribute the weight.

For just an oil change, I use ramps.  Much easier.

bs