Re: Windshield Sealing

To: Dan Serrao <jobu1950@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Windshield Sealing
From: Fred Crowley <fredcrowley@teamhealeytexas.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 20:45:30 -0500
Dan,

I've done a number of windscreens for the big Healeys. The easiest
product to use is Betaseal U-400HV made by Dow. It's a rapid-cure,
auto-glass urethane adhesive. It is black in appearance and can be
trimmed to virtually duplicate the original. Most  automotive glass
dealers should have it. It's easy to work with, and I find it allows for
minor (hopefully) movement of the windscreen frame without breaking the
glass as the body flexes or vibrates. It also does away with the hassle
of  trying to squeeze in the rubber moulding that the common Healey
parts places seem to stock. The rubber I've seen by the Healey suppliers
is a bit thicker than what was originally used, and I found is a pain in
the butt to install.

Cheers Fred