Re: rookie question

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: rookie question
From: "Mark and Kathy" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 20:03:59 -0400
Wait a minute there gents.   Jim said that there was NO fuel in the fuel
filter.
Why would this be an ignition problem?

Jim,  you are fuel starved.  If the filter is after the pump then logic says
the problem is from the filter or further back.    Let the pump run into a
clean can for awhile to see if the pump is cutting out, if so then the pump
needs some attention.  It wouldn't  hurt to service it any way and then turn
to the tank again.
Or maybe you have a seriously stuck needle in the float bowl like you
pointed out.
Mark