Re: Pre-oiler

To: robertlarson@worldnet.att.net, WhoCares56@aol.com,
Subject: Re: Pre-oiler
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 17:39:04 EDT
In a message dated 10/26/2006 3:25:55 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
robertlarson@worldnet.att.net writes:

Has  anyone heard of an electrically operated device that pumps oil  through
>the engine prior to ignition to reduce wear on start up?  I  assume  it
would be
>operated by the car battery and controlled by  dash mounted  switch.
------

Perhaps you're thinking of an Accusump system which is essentially a large
hydraulic cylinder that stores one or two quarts of oil under pressure?   You
can get it with either a manual valve or one tied to the ignition  circuit.

Best--Michael Oritt