RE: Spark Plugs

To: "Healeys Mail List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Spark Plugs
From: "Len and/or Marge" <thehartnetts@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 18:53:01 -0800
I am a little confused here.  I use N12Y's and they have screw on ends.
Dan says that he bought a new wire set and they won't work on the N12Y
plugs.  What other kind of connection is used on BJ7 that is not a push on
connection?  If the wire set is push on but won't work on the spark plug,
then it sounds to me like the plugs came without the screw on tips and just
have the threads sticking out of the plug.  If there is a wire set that
uses a screw on connection to the plug, I am not aware of it.

(The Other) Len
Vacaville, CA
1967 3000 MKIII HBJ8L39031

Everything I've read says N12Y's so that's what I installed. I just got a
new spark plug wire set from the Nock's and the ends won't fit on the
plugs. I talked with their parts guy and he said they always install N11Y's
which have the screw off tips. Since the N12Y's don't have the screw off
tips the plug wires won't work. What is everyone using?? TIA