Re: Stainless BJ8 Exhaust System

To: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Subject: Re: Stainless BJ8 Exhaust System
From: "Alan Seigrist Blue 100" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 11:00:10 +0800
Rich / James -

I think AH Spares sells the "Bell" system, not the "Falcon" System.
In general the Bell system is the best that money can buy, made to
exact factory specs but out of typ 304 SS which does not discolor.

AH spares also sells a very nice SS mounting kit, as Rich mentions.
Just be sure to replace the rear rubber bushes with wide rubber fender
washer bushes, which you can get at a decent hardware store.  I would
also recommend using SS drain couplings from Home Depot to clamp the
system together, with these couplings you won't have any annoying
exhaust leak whispers.

The SC Parts Falcon system is 100# cheaper than the Bell, but
considering that no matter what you do you still will bottom out from
time to time I opted for the cheaper Falcon system on the BJ8.

On the BN1 ground clearance is not a problem so I went with the Bell
on that car.

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1