RE: Brake Fluid

To: "'Dan Serrao'" <jobu1950@yahoo.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Brake Fluid
From: "Michael Salter" <msalter@precisionsportscar.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 18:53:37 -0500
Hi Dan,
The center section of the fluid reservoir supplies the clutch system. (Or at
least it should).
Your loss of fluid is most likely from the clutch slave cylinder but could
also be from the clutch master cylinder. Pull the rubber cover pack from
each of these and you will probably find at least one full of fluid.
I would strongly recommend that you rebuild both at the same time. DO NOT
hone either cylinder during the rebuild. If the cylinder bore is pitted or
damaged in any other way, fit a new one.

Michael Salter
http://www.netbug.net/blogmichael/