RE: Brake Fluid

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Brake Fluid
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 16:17:12 -0800
Hi, Dan -

If you have the brake booster (optional on BJ7s, standard on BJ8s) and no
other evidence of a leak, then the fluid is probably pooled in the bottom of
the booster canister.  If so, then you are probably also burning brake fluid
in the rear three cylinders since the rear carb will be sucking fluid from
the booster into the carb.  You can pull one or more of the three rear
sparkplugs and check.  If you've been burning fluid long enough, you'll have
a bright white deposit on the plugs.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry