Re: Brake Fluid

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net (datsun list datsun)
Subject: Re: Brake Fluid
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 18:07:28 -0800
I had a mysterious case of disappearing fluid that stumped me for a long
time.  There was
no evidence on the floor or elsewhere, either.  Finally spotted a very
small drip on the low
spot on the pipes that supply the brake and clutch master cyls ... I had
a leak at the
reservoir/supply pipe fitting(s).  It was almost imperceptible, but I
lost a couple
tablespoons-full every hundred miles or so.  New pipes solved the problem.

If your brake servo is inhaling fluid you should get some white smoke
out of the tailpipe.

bs