RE: Overdrive snafu, moving to a conclusion

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Overdrive snafu, moving to a conclusion
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 14:19:12 -0800
If the throttle switch is bypassed by installing a jumper wire between the
two terminals of the switch, then once the overdrive relay is energized by
turning on the dash switch it cannot be de-energized except by turning off
the IGNITION switch.   The overdrive will always be engaged whenever the
gearshift is in 3rd or 4th until the ignition switch it turned off to reset
the system.

If the throttle switch is deactivated by disconnecting the wires at the two
terminals, then the overdrive (once engaged) will disengage immediately when
the dash switch is turned off.  No problem as long as you make sure you are
accelerating when you turn off the dash switch.  Eventually, however, you
will turn off the dash switch when the car is slowing down in gear and can
feel the negative impact on the overdrive.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA