Re: Removing Bondo

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Removing Bondo
From: "Carr&Edwards" <scvc70@epix.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 17:11:44 -0500
I used Tal-Strip (from local auto-paint store) on the shroud of my BN1,
which looked--after having several pounds of plastic removed--like Rocky had
used it for a sparring partner....

It's nasty stuff; use outdoors if at all possible, otherwise with a good fan
blowing, and keep yourself on the upwind side.  It takes a while to
work--put it on, go do something else for 10-15 min., then come back and
scrape off the top 1/8" of plastic, then repeat the process.  A heat gun on
the back of the shroud might speed things up, but also might make the fumes
even worse.  Don't work in the sun, though, the stuff dries up too fast.

Sarah Carr
BN1 in PA