Re: overdrive

To: "Dave & M" <rusd@velocitus.net>, <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: overdrive
From: "Mark and Kathy" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 13:01:08 -0500
And if my reading and tails from acquaintances serve me right that
particular trany would have had the reverse helical gears which from what I
am told couldn't handle a lot of abuse.  It seems that they would dislocate
the main shaft retaining ring and cause a few major problems.  Hence the
reason for going with the gearing in the other direction later on in the Big
Healeys.

But as someone else mentioned,  the car didn't know that it had inferior
problems so it just kept chuggin along.

Can any body confirm this, or is this just  Healey lore that some one
conjured up?

Mark