Re: overdrive

To: "healeymanjim@joimail.com" <healeymanjim@joimail.com>
Subject: Re: overdrive
From: Dave & M <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 22:43:07 -0700
I think I can back up his statement. In 1959 I installed a well built
small block Chevy in my BN2. Used the stock BN2 transmission & OD &
the stock rear axle. The OD solenoid was wired direct to a toggle
switch. A down shift was rather abrupt with no throttle applied,
squeeked the rear tires,  but it wasn't hard to learn to apply just a
bit of throttle.

Drove it pretty hard & never did break anything. The type A OD is
pretty stout as is the 4 speed transmission & axle.

Being much older & cautious, I now use the original controls intact.

Regards,
Dave Russell
BN2