RE: wheels

To: "'healeys'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: wheels
From: "Grotenhuis" <61bt7@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 21:10:16 -0500
Jim,

I bought 6" Panasports from Sports & Classics in CT about 10 years ago, and
run 195/65x15 Dunlops.  I have a 3000 Mk1 BT7 "standard class" that came
with disk wheels originally (still have them).  The alloys look nice on the
rear, but stick out a bit on the front.  I had to tweak the suspension
travel by adjusting the bump-stops to prevent rubbing, and I occasionally
get a little rub at one turning extreme (steering wheel way left I think),
but usually only when in reverse while parking.  I'd love to find someone
that has a matching set of 5" or 5.5" and trade two, so I had narrower rims
on the front.  I'll send pics in separate mail.

Neal G
61 BT7