Re: [Healeys] Add overdrive

To: mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net, healey.nut@gmail.com,
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Add overdrive
From: "WILLIAM B LAWRENCE" <ynotink@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 04:29:07 +0000
All this is true and I wouldn't dream of buying a component like that and
not rebuilding it. It's best to assume you are buying a core. If you can
find one cheap enough though you might pick up the parts you need to build
the box you want. I noticed there is one on Ebay now that could provide the
needed parts and the OD. It's cheap and may have internal problems but might
provide a mainshaft and adapter plate as well as an OD core. I would assume
work would be required to make them viable.

On the other hand I have seen trannies and ODs listed as having been rebuilt
with some good feedback numbers. Those are the expensive ones. I'm not sure
how you can assure satisfaction at a distance. There is always a risk.

Bill Lawrence