Re: [Healeys] luggage option

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] luggage option
From: "Mr. Bill" <BN1@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 11:59:06 -0800
Gentlemen and List,

At my first U.K. National Meet, Knebworth 1976,  there was a black, and
I believe, 100 with red leather fitted luggage.  While I'm sure I would
never have been so lucky to have viewed the only official set alluded to
by Mr. Coker, these were done with incredible design and quality.  As I
remember (this coming from an old fa*t with CRS Syndrome), there were 5
separate pieces, none of which were "square" geometrically speaking.
They fit together like an old Chinese wood puzzle in two layers.  Every
bit of boot space was taken with the top layer actually being sloped to
clear the boot lid.  They were really magnificent.

I realize that like a Rolls, a Healey never breaks down, it just
occasionally fails to proceed!  But with the fitted leather, where is
one to stow his spares and spanners, just in case? ;-)

I know, I know, where are the pictures?  Unfortunately, due to terrible
advice from a FORMER father-in-law, I shot slides for many years.  I'm
sure I have some, but being wheelchair bound with little use of my right
hand at the moment, it's not feasible to go through thousands of those
little boxes containing 20 or 36 slides.  (Any volunteers?  I'll supply
the beer!)  I am on the mend however, and someday the above task will be
accomplished!

Mr. John Harper:  I recall that I first met you in 1981 at your Bristol
Meet.  Any chance you remember that car back in that circa?

Time for calls to find a friend to take Red Car and me out for a drive
on this gorgeous Sunday morning on the southern Left Coast.  My
apologies to the List for getting keyboard diarrhea!!!

Bill Barnett
Santa Ana, CA
BN1 #663