Re: [Healeys] Young Healey owners

To: "Alan Seigrist" <healey.nut@gmail.com>, jculphealey@yahoo.com,
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Young Healey owners
From: gardner5@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 03:04:31 +0000
I'm 37 and bought my first Healey 2years ago (just now finishing the
restoration...sold a new Porsche to finance the restoration).  The list has
been a great source for me (esp. Rich, who goes out of his way to pass on the
correct info.).  I think there is a "crop" of young enthusiast, but the cost of
getting into the game is prohibitive for many.  In addition, most younger
enthusiast, like myself, didn't grow up around these cars and inherit the
mechanical knowledge that's beneficial to have for ownership, which can seem
overwhelming.

I just attended the British Field Meet in Vancouver BC, and the crowd was made
of people of all ages who have interest in these cars.

I feel that part of the joy of ownership is sharing the experience with others,
which doesn't happen much when a car sits in the garage.  My plan is to keep it
on the road where it was meant to be...letting the youth of today see a Healey
maybe for their first time and sparking that desire that makes them say
"someday I'm going to have one of those"...(the few times I had the Healey out
before the restoration, I got more looks, smiles, thumbs up, etc. then I ever
got in the flashy Porsche...and I had just as much fun in the Healey)

Joel
BN2

From: "Alan Seigrist" <healey.nut@gmail.com>