Re: [Healeys] rear seat and foam question????

To: "Randy Dickson" <rdickson@midwestarchaeology.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] rear seat and foam question????
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 17:13:59 -0500
Randy,

Well to start with they never used leather on the little rear seats. They
used a very thin vinyl and it was padded only very slightly (less than
1/8"). Therefore you are already probably starting with too much thickness.
I hope the woman who is building up your front seats has some idea of what
they are supposed to look like in the matter of form and contour.
I just had the opportunity to inspect a totally original BJ7 yesterday, and
after 45 years the rear seats give the impression of having no thickness or
padding at all except in the middle pleats, though what was there was a very
thin cotton gauze. The pleats were laced down through little holes in the
seat pan to keep them down. The old original vinyl is almost paper thin.

Rich Chrysler