[Healeys] rear seat and foam question????

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] rear seat and foam question????
From: "Randy Dickson" <rdickson@midwestarchaeology.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 11:53:01 -0600
Fellow Healeyoids,

I have a simple question  regarding the rear seat on my 63 BJ7.  I have a
complete leather interior kit from AH Spares.  I have a woman who does
upholstery on old cars and she is going to cover the front seats, but Im
trying to tackle the rear seats by myself.  I have already done the rear
squab and it looks nice.

My question is, how thick is the foam padding, (if any) that is used on top
of the rear seat pans.  The leather kit already has some thin foam sewn on
the backside of the leather.  Probably 3/8 or so.  Also, how dense is the
foam, is it like landau form that is used on the backs of the uppers of the
front seat?  I was thinking that it cant be too thick like < or less
otherwise the leather wont come around the sides of the seat pan nicely.
Thanks in advance!

Randy

Healey-Archaeologist

63 BJ7