Re: [Healeys] Mystery....part 3

To: "'Simon Lachlan'" <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>, "'Healey List'"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Mystery....part 3
From: "Skip Saunders" <tfsbj7@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 10:29:40 -0500
That makes sense...normally.  But Healeys are special cars...we can hear the
fuel pump..:-).   Since I could hear the fuel pump running until pressure
was built up in the lines, the "checking for fuel" step was mostly done....

Nevertheless, you are right, it is easily possible for the fuel supply to
the carb to be a problem downstream from the pump.  That is why in part 2 I
described removing the fuel hose from the carbs and checking that I indeed
had fuel pressure to the carbs...(sprays the gasoline all over the place, so
it is important to only do this for a short time...lol).

Thanks
-skip-