[Healeys] Tires

To: "HEALEY LIST" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Tires
From: "Bob Yule" <autofarm@cyg.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 07:27:20 -0400

--===============0129564976==

------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C9A151.A6113BE0

    Not only would it be very difficult to find "tubed" tires, I can't =
believe that there would be any problem using the correct tube in a =
tubeless tire.  The biggest problem arises using bias ply tubes in =
radial tires.  The failure rate is about 100%.  My experience using =
radial tubes in radial "tubeless" tires over many thousands of miles has =
been no problems.  Even when replacing tires, there has been no signs of =
wear or damage to the tubes.  I do agree that careful mounting is =
essential, complete covering of spoke ends and liberal use of talcum =
powder is recommended.=20
Cheers.......Bob
Check out our web site www.autofarm.net
------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C9A151.A6113BE0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dwindows-1252">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Not only would it be =
very=20
difficult to find "tubed" tires, I can't believe that there would be any =
problem=20
using the correct tube in a tubeless tire.&nbsp; The biggest problem =
arises=20
using bias ply tubes in radial tires.&nbsp; The failure rate is about=20
100%.&nbsp; My experience using radial tubes in radial "tubeless" tires =
over=20
many thousands&nbsp;of miles has been no problems.&nbsp; Even when =
replacing=20
tires, there has been no signs of wear or damage to the tubes.&nbsp; I =
do agree=20
that careful mounting is essential, complete covering of spoke ends and =
liberal=20
use of talcum powder is recommended. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Cheers.......Bob<BR>Check out our web =
site <A=20
href=3D"http://www.autofarm.net";>www.autofarm.net</A> =
</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>