Re: [Healeys] tires

To: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] tires
From: Richard Ewald <richard.ewald@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 19:36:29 -0700
--===============2129639240==

--000e0cd51dd85628960464ba9e5a

The powder acts as a lubricant allowing the tube and tire to move with lower
friction and thus less heat.
Also you must use radial tubes with radial tires. A tube designed for a bias
ply tire just will not work in a radial. Ask me how I know this.
Finally proper installation procedure must be followed or you can destroy
the tube before you ever get it on the car. You have to make sure the tube
is not folded or pinched inside the tire. The best way to do this is inflate
the tire/tube combo to about10-15 PSI and then remove the shrader and let
all the air out. If you are paranoid do this a second time then replace the
shrader and fill the tire normally.
Rick

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 7:06 PM, Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net> wrote:

>  How does that help the handling and heating problems cited in the article
> (I read it too)?
>
> Must be some of that 'special' powder ;)
>

> bs

--000e0cd51dd85628960464ba9e5a

 lower friction and thus less heat.=A0</div><div>Also
you must use radial tubes with radial tires. A tube designed for a bias
ply tire just will not work in a radial. Ask me how I know this.=A0</div><d=
iv>Finally
proper installation procedure must be followed or you can destroy the
tube before you ever get it on the car. You have to make sure the tube
is not folded or pinched inside the tire. The best way to do this is
inflate the tire/tube combo to about10-15 PSI and then remove the
shrader and let all the air out. If you are paranoid do this a second
time then replace the shrader and fill the tire normally.</div>Rick <br><br=
an dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:bspidell@comcast.net";>bspidell@comcast=
204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">

 =20

How does that help the handling and heating problems cited in the
article (I read it too)?<br>
Must be some of that &#39;special&#39; powder ;)<br>
bs<br>