Re: [Healeys] Tires

To: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>, steveg@abrazosdata.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Tires
From: Jackson Krall <jackson_krall@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 10:12:46 -0700 (PDT)
The "properly sealed rim" has been the issue for me. In order to properly seal,
some sort of goop is going to have to be used which will inhibit ones ability
to make future adjustments to the wheels. The only time I've had tube problems
was when I was trying to run a low profile on a 15x6" ww. Tubes continually
blew due to being of higher profile than tire which causes tube to overlap on
itself and resultant friction causes blowout in short order, no matter how much
talcom is used. Searched everywhere for low profile tube but not even Shelby
Goodyear could help me out so I went back to a higher profile radial w/tube
which was fine because a low profile looks stupid on these cars anyway.
Best
JK