Re: [Healeys] Front wheel bearing 'distance piece'

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Front wheel bearing 'distance piece'
From: "Ed's Shop" <shop@justbrits.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 20:34:06 -0500
Snipped & re-arranged.

<<This also goes for several other LBCs>>

Bunch of them in fact folks.  I know 'cause I work on them<G>!

<<I also repeat that the only cars I have seen broken or cracked
spindles on are those that the spacer was missing.>>

GOSPEL !!!  NEVER leave them out!!  In reality, after cleaning them
up they along with spindles to my machine shop for MagnaFluxing
because I HAVE seen them cracked also.  Not often tho.
I ALSO check for how LONG they are and if surfaces are equal.
I HAVE found (mostly MGBs) them 'lop-sided'; meaning that a
measurement of outside/inside of surface Point A measured to be
different from Point B which makes it 'cocked' which would play
havoc with trying to get the runout right!!

<<Now try to do that inside the splined hub for the wire wheel.>>

HeeHee, ain't gonna happen<VBG>!!!

Ed